Consultation has now closed and we will provide an update soon.
In late 2019, we undertook an early round of community engagement with residents in the four streets identified in our Renown Park Living Streets program. Those streets being Wright Street, Tait Street, Bishop Street and Blight Street.
Living Streets is about reimagining the design of your street and neighbourhood to prioritise people; whether it be as a walker, bike rider, driver or to socialise with family and neighbours.
At the time we sought initial feedback from you to tell us how you felt about the street you live in and what you would like to see in the future.
If you were not a part of the initial round of consultation you can view all the previous information here.
What we heard
We received many great suggestions to improve infrastructure (including stormwater drainage and
road pavements), added facilities, places to meet, safer connections and opportunities to increase the sense of ‘place’ within the neighbourhood. You told us you would like to see more greening within your neighbourhood through additional trees and Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) style landscaping located within the verges and at intersections.
Over the past 12 months we have been working through that feedback to shape the concept options
developed for each of the streets. Given the strong feedback that the community wants to see
improved stormwater and Water Sensitive Urban Design in the precinct, we applied and have been successful in receiving funding from Green Adelaide to expand Water Sensitive Urban Design implementation in the City of Charles Sturt. Because of this, each of the concept options for this project has a strong focus on incorporating WSUD elements to improve water quality and biodiversity in the area as well as increasing the tree canopy within the precinct.
How to provide your feedback on the proposed options
- Complete the online survey
- Request a hard copy survey and we will post one out to you
- Visit our pop up at 19 on Green (Green Street, Brompton) to view larger scale concept plans and speak with the project team member every Thursday from 1pm to 5pm, between 9 September to 30 September 2021.
- Drop In to our Community Open Day and talk to the project team - Saturday 18 September, Angus Reserve (Angus Court) between 10am - 1pm
- Send us a written submission by email or by mail to Renown Park Living Streets, PO Box 1, Woodville SA 5011
Consultation closes Thursday 30 September 2021. Late responses will not be included.