Never been to a Council meeting and want to know how they are run?
For those who have never been to a Council meeting before - here is a quick overview of how meetings are generally run:
- Council meetings are held in the Chamber at the Civic Centre 72 Woodville Rd
- There is plenty of car parking out the back.
- The meeting starts at 7pm
- Council meetings are run formally and chaired by the Mayor
- Council staff, including the CEO, have non speaking roles and are not permitted to enter the debate (but may provide advice to Council Members when requested)
- Community members may sit in the gallery and quietly observe but are not permitted to enter debate
- Deputations from community members are welcomed but must be booked in advance
- Confirmation of Minutes, Deputations and Petitions will be considered by Council before the Business items (of which Coast Park Report is one)
- At the commencement of the Business items Elected Members will ‘star’ items they wish to discuss
- Any items not ‘starred’ by Elected Members will be adopted as per the recommendation in the report
Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, (except January and December – in January 4th Monday only, in December 2nd Monday only).
What are the advantages of engaging online?
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You don't have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that impact on their community.
How can I comment in the online consultations?
Simply click on the "Register to Participate" button at the top right hand of the page, when prompted create a USERNAME (Note: your comments will appear under your user name and you can comment anonymously through a username of your choice) create a PASSWORD of your choice provide a valid email address, your age, gender and the location in which you live.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and Council will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations. Your email address will not be distributed to any third party or used for any others purpose. We do not ask for your personal details or require them at any time as part of your participation. You may like to review our privacy statement for this site.
How are forum comments moderated?
All moderation is carried out by Bang the Table and all moderation is independent to the City of Charles Sturt. The moderators do not edit or alter any comments and will only remove comments deemed to be significantly off topic, offensive or malicious, in which case they are removed from the site immediately. Refer to the guidelines at the 'Moderation' tab in the menu bar at the bottom of the page.