Project Update - September 2020
Following the deferrment of this report, Council will now consider this report at the upcoming Council meeting on Monday 28 September, 2020 @ 7:00pm.
The report will be available after 4:00pm on Thursday 24 September 2020 via the link below:
Project Update - March 2020
Following several consultations, reports to Council and the Asset Management Committee, Council and Elected Member workshop, a report was presented to the Council meeting held on Monday 23 March, 2020 Item 6.20. At this meeting Council resolved to defer the Item for a period of six months.
A copy of the report and outcomes can be viewed on Council’s website via the link below and refer to the Agenda and Minutes for the meeting held on Monday 23 March 2020:
As a result of this deferment, the report will now be considered by Council on Monday 28 September 2020 @ 7:00pm. Please refer to this page for any updates to the report scheduling for any changes.
Project Update - February 2020
A report was presented to Council on Tuesday 28 January 2020 relating to the consultation outcomes of this survey which you can view here.
We will now be holding a workshop for all Councillors for the long term vision for St Clair on Monday 2 March, 2020 commencing at 6:00pm. Members of the public are welcome to attend the workshop but will not be able to participate. A further report will be presented to the Council meeting on Monday 23 March 2020 @ 7:00pm.
A final report will be presented to Council on Monday 23 March, 2020 commencing at 7:00pm in the Council Chamber and the Civic Centre, 72 Woodville Road, Woodville.
The Agenda and a copy of the report will available after 4:00pm on Thursday 19 March, 2020: https://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/council/council-documents/agendas-and-minutes/councilagendas-and-minutes
Should you wish to make a formal deputation to the Council meeting on Monday 23 March 2020 in relation to this matter – please review and complete the deputation request and return to Council before 10am Monday 23 March 2020.
Information relating to making a deputation and forms can be viewed using the following link - https://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/council/role-of-council/deputationrequest
Council consulted on the St Clair Precinct Masterplan between 2015 – 2017. Feedback received from this consultation process identified that there was a need for additional public toilets in the vicinity of the ovals located between St Clair and Brocas Avenues. The feedback also suggested benefit in including a servery structure and additional shelters, to service both the sporting groups and visitors to the precinct.
To address the feedback received, Council developed a proposal for two shelter structures and a combined public toilet and servery building, with the intention to provide toilets conveniently located for users of the ovals and for the community and visitors using the grounds and playground as well as complimenting other facilities to the east of the ovals.
Consultation was subsequently undertaken with local residents and stakeholders between 22 August 2019 and 13 September 2019 for the public toilet and servery proposal.Council received 138 submissions and the following is a summary of the main points raised by the community.
Those in support of the proposal suggested the following:
- Additional toilet facilities will support the use of the playground, community and family events and sporting club usage
- Toilet facilities will facilitate longer stays
- Additional toilets will allow younger children to better use the playground (due to the closer proximity)
- The proposed facilities will attract more families and visitors to the area
- Encourage community interaction
- Improved convenience
- Increased community use of outdoor public parks and areas
Those who opposed the proposal suggested the following:
- Public toilets attract undesirable and anti-social behaviour
- The building will be unsightly
- Litter will be increased
- Toilets should be consolidated with the existing changeroom building
- The consultation material was inadequate
- Facilities will encourage additional cars to the area
- Public toilets are needed more on Torrens Road (adjacent existing playground and dog park)
- No community benefit – will only benefit soccer
Council recognises there are conflicting views within our local community and other stakeholders who use the sporting grounds, and as such have decided to revise the proposal and re-consult
The consultation responses were presented to the Asset Management Committee on 18 November 2019, where the Committee resolved:
- That the report be received and noted.
- That a concept design for the shelter and servery and screen planting be prepared and further consultation be undertaken on that concept design.
To balance the differing views and find a solution that best meets the needs of our community, the proposal has been amended and the revised proposal is attached for your information and feedback.
The information includes
- Location Plan
- Landscaping plan
- Species lists
- Materials and finishes schedule
- Floor plan and elevations
The revised proposal:
- The toilets have been removed from the servery building and will be incorporated within the existing changeroom building (200 metres east). A total of seven public toilets will be available in this location (increase of five)
- Additional landscaping has been included to improve the visual appearance of the servery building when viewed from the residential properties adjacent to Brocas Avenue.
- One shelter structure has been relocated to the St Clair Avenue side of the oval to improve accessibility and to reduce the visual impact on the Brocas Avenue side of the oval.
Please contact Ms Kelly Mader on 8408 1208 or email@example.com of you wish to discuss any element of the proposal.