Consultation now closed
The consultation period has now closed and we would like to thank everyone who contributed to their feedback.
Staff will now review all the feedback received and a report will be presented to the Asset Management Committee on Monday 15 February, 2021 on the consultation outcomes.
A budget has been allocated for the 2020/21 financial year to determine the community desire and the development of concept plans for Public Amenities within the grounds of Parfitt Square.
Council investigated the location and style of the proposed amenities that would best suit Parfitt Square. The investigation identified that there are two (2) possible locations for the amenities. At present there are no public amenities available to the community within Parfitt Square or surrounding areas.As part of the investigation and research into the proposed locations, we took into consideration Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) Principals. This also included passive surveillance for both location options and the appearance of the amenities.
We are now seeking your feedback on the requirement for public amenities in this reserve and your preferred location.
There are 2 options for the location of the amenities:
Option A - Thirteen Street (near car park)
Option B - Fourteenth Street (near playground)
Following the consultation a report will be presented to the Asset Management Committee in February 2021 on the consultation outcomes.
Location Option A
Location Option A - Features
- Height - 2.2 Metres plus roofline
- Construction - Recycled materials with powder coat finish
- Design - Local artwork will encase the facia of the building
- Landscape - Native shrubs will be planted to surround the amenity
- Footprint - The amenity will be approx 14 square meters in total (including the building and shelter)
Option A - Proposed Plans & Illustrations
Location Option B
Location Option B - Features
- Height – 2.2 Metres plus roofline
- Construction – Recycled materials – powder coat finish
- Design – Local artwork on building facia
- Landscape – Native Shrubs
- Footprint – Approx 14 square meters
- Timber screening will surround the amenity to blend with the landscape