What has the review process included to date?
The review process undertaken has included:
- Review and analysis of past changes to operating hours
- Analysis of current operating hours and customer usage patterns
- Research into industry best practice and standards
- Benchmarking with comparable library services in South Australia
- Engagement with customers and the community to assess current satisfaction levels and gather data on potential modification options
What visitation trends are our libraries experiencing?
Current library visitation rates are in decline. Visits to libraries have decreased from 742,000 in 2009/10 to 527,000 last financial year.
Will there be a decrease in total library open hours?
The changes will impact all five of the library branches across Charles Sturt with the total weekly opening hours increasing by 2.25 hours.