Kilkenny Mixed Use (Residential and Commercial) Development Plan Amendment (Privately Funded)
The City of Charles Sturt proposes changes to the Charles Sturt Council Development Plan via the Kilkenny Mixed Use (Residential and Commercial) Development Plan Amendment (DPA) (Privately Funded).
The focus of the DPA is to rezone the existing Urban Employment Zone in Kilkenny, north of the railway line (refer to the area outlined in red on the Area Affected Map opposite). The affected area is proposed to be included in the Suburban Activity Node Zone to facilitate higher density residential and mixed use development.
The DPA investigations confirm that the land is suited to residential infill and can be economically serviced. The draft DPA considers preferred building heights, transport, environmental noise, stormwater management, infrastructure and public open space.
Public Meeting - Monday 18 May 2020
Due to the uncertain environment as a result of COVID-19, all Council and Committee meetings for the City of Charles Sturt will now be moving to a virtual platform through Zoom webinars.
The Public Meeting for the Kilkenny Mixed Use (Residential and Commercial) Draft DPA (Privately Funded) which forms part of our City Services Committee meeting will therefore be conducted via a virtual platform.
The Public Meeting can be viewed from home to ensure the safety of our community, our Elected Members and staff. The on-line Public Meeting is still scheduled for Monday 18 May 2020 at 6pm.
The links for the Public Meeting will become available on our website just prior to the event as it is unable to be joined until the official start time. You can choose to watch the Public Meeting through the Zoom browser on your computer or on your phone.
To view the Public Meeting, please visit our Digital Meetings page and click on the City Services Committee Meeting scheduled for Monday 18 May 2020, at 6pm.
If you still wish to come in person, you can do so at the Civic Centre at 72 Woodville Road, Woodville at 6pm to view the on-line Public Meeting via a screen. Social distancing measures will be in place to ensure the safety of community and staff. If you arrive at the Civic Centre to view the Public Meeting and decide at the meeting that you wish to be heard, you will be able to do so via a video link. The Chair of the Committee will provide this opportunity during the proceedings.
Should you have any questions prior to the Public Meeting, please do not hesitate to contact Jim Gronthos, Senior Policy Planner on email@example.com or on 8408 1265.
What are the key proposed changes?
- Rezone the land to a Suburban Activity Node Zone (a mixed use zone).
- Allow medium to high density residential development ranging from 2 to 5 storeys in different locations.
- Limit development along Mundulla Street to a maximum of 2 storeys (for a setback distance of 9.5 metres).
- Allow low impact and low intensity non-residential development to service the needs of the local area, concentrated along David and Wilpena Terraces.
- Apply the ‘Noise and Air Emissions’ and ‘Affordable Housing’ overlays to the land.
- Ensure pedestrian connections to MJ McInerney Reserve and the station platform.
- Allow for the location of the Outer Harbour Greenway through the subject land, adjacent to the railway corridor.
How can I view the draft DPA?
For information on the draft DPA:
- View the Information Brochure online.
- View the draft DPA online.
- View the draft DPA and Information Brochure at the Civic Centre, 72 Woodville Road, Woodville, from 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- View the draft DPA and Information Brochure at any of Council's five libraries.
- Purchase a copy of the draft DPA at the Civic Centre ($20 for a paper copy or $5 for a compact disk).
- Download the written submissions recived in relation to the draft DPA.
How can I comment on the draft DPA?
Consultation on this Draft DPA has now closed. Written submission were to be received by Council no later than 5.00pm, Tuesday 14 April 2020.
Submissions could be submitted in one of three ways:
- Online by completing the Submission Form below; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly mark as 'Draft Kilkenny Mixed Use (Residential and Commercial) DPA - Submission' ; or
- Post to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Charles Sturt, PO Box 1, Woodville SA 5011and clearly mark as 'Draft Kilkenny Mixed Use (Residential and Commercial) DPA - Submission'.
Submission needed to indicate if you wish to be heard at the public meeting.
What will happen after the Public Meeting?
After the Public Meeting Council will consider all submissions and may recommend changes to the DPA. A report will then be sent to the Minister for Planning seeking authorisation of the DPA (amended or otherwise). The Minister can approve the DPA, approve the DPA subject to certain changes, or decline to approve the DPA.