Consultation Period now closed.
The consultation period has now closed.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback for the consultation
Council’s new By‐laws have been formally endorsed at the Council meeting held on 15 June 2021.
The By-laws will now be presentation to the Legislative Review Committee and are intended to be operational by 1 January 2022.
The following By-laws have now been amended following feedback received from the initial consultation.
As a result the following proposed amended By-laws are now available for public consultation
The City of Charles Sturt's current By-laws will expire on 1 January 2022. The By-law review process in accordance with the Local Government Act was conducted from the 1 February 2021 to 6 March 2021 and presented the following By-laws for consultation;
At this time as a result of the consultation and the notification to the relevant statutory bodies feedback was received which has prompted the requirement for By-laws No.3 and No.5 to be amended. In accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Act, the updated draft By-law No. 3 - Local Government Land 2021 and By-law No. 5 - Dogs and Cats 2021, now require an additional round of public consultation to seek community feedback on the new proposed changes.
See the full consultation page for the initial full By-law review 2021 here
What are the proposed changes?
The following are the amendments included within each of the corresponding By-laws
By-law No.3 Local Government Land
- The definition of ‘foreshore’ was included within this By-law to assist with ease of community understanding and the removal of an identified duplication within Clause 4.29.4 as the same information is covered within Clause 4.29.1
By-law No.5 Dogs and Cats
- Section 3.10 within By-law No.5 was updated to include a 100 metre dog on lead area from the initially proposed 50m requirement around the defined Hooded and Red Capped Plover breeding site.
The remainder of the By-laws remain unchanged from the initial consultation.
How can I provide comment?
Submissions may be lodged in one of three ways:
- Online by completing the written submission form below; or
- Email email@example.com and clearly mark as 'Draft By-law 2021 No.3 and No. 5 review - Submission' ; or
- Post to Dani Scuteri, Project Officer, Public Health and Safety, City of Charles Sturt, PO Box 1, Woodville SA 5011 and clearly mark as 'Draft AMP - Submission'.