A report was presented to the Asset Management Committee on Monday 15 February 2021 on the consultation outcomes and the following motion was endorsed by Council on Monday 22 February 2021.
1. That the report and community consultation feedback results (Appendix C) be received and noted.
2. That Council accept and adopt the proposed new and amended Community Land Management Plans (Appendix A) in accordance with provisions under Section 196 (1) and Section 198 (1) of the Local Government Act 1999. City of Charles Sturt
3. That Council give public notice of its adoption of the new and amended Community Land Management Plans (Appendix A) in compliance with Section 197 (3) and 198 (4) of the Local Government Act 1999.
The consultation period has now closed. Staff will now review all feedback received and prepare a report for presentation to the Asset Management Committee on Monday 15 February 2021.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback for the consultation
As part of Council's ongoing project to review and amend its current Community Land Management Plans to ensure their compliance with the Local Government Act. This consultation represents the the second of three groups of revised and amended Community Land Management Plans.
A report was presented to the Asset Management Committee on Monday 16 November, 2020 and endorsed by Council on Monday 23 November, 2020.
This consultation is for the draft amended plans for 229 Council owned and managed reserves and draft new plans for 10 reserves vested to Council ownership since 2018 being:
- Exeter Terrace Reserve, Devon Park
- Harley Place Reserve, Findon
- New portion of Kenneth Reserve Findon
- Chestnut Lane Reserve, St Clair
- Cheltenham Parade Reserve, St Clair
- Marsden Reserve, West Lakes
- Morcon Lane Reserve, West Lakes
- Pinery Reserve, West Lakes
- Troubridge Reserve, West Lakes
- Alma Terrace Greenway Reserve, Woodville West
Council is now seeking your feedback to gather community understanding of their views on the draft amended Community Land Management Plans (CLMP's).
The proposed amendments to the CLMP's allow for a greater and more diverse use of Council lands thereby providing the community increased opportunities for use and enjoyment of the large number of open space areas and reserves within the City of Charles Sturt.
The draft amended plans more adequately address Council's position in maintaining and
enhancing biodiversity and environmental protections of the lands in their ownership and care.
Collated community feedback from this consultation will be used to undertake a final review of the CLMPs. The community consultation feedback results, along with the final draft CLMPs will be provided to Council for endorsement of CLMPs.
You can provide your feedback here or in writing to:
Senior Property Officer
PO Box 1
WOODVILLE SA 5011
The consultation will commence on Thursday 3 December 2020 and conclude at 5:00pm Thursday 14 January, 2021