Following the report presented to the Asset Management Committee on Monday 19 April 2021 on the consultation outcomes and amended plan for endorsement which is available for viewing on Council’s website via the link below:
The following motion was endorsed by Council on Tuesday 27 April 2021:
- That Council accept the report and acknowledge the feedback received in Appendix A.
- That Council decline the request from the registered proprietor of 1A Mirani Court West Lakes Shore to use a portion of Mirani Court Reserve for the purposes of licensed outdoor dining activities.
- That Council resolve not to amend the Community Land Management Plan for Mirani Court Reserve.
- That Council approve the improvement of the portion of community land shown at Appendix E with paving, public seating and bike racks to compliment the reserve area and the proposed Coast Park shared access path extension.
- That Council approve the 20/21 capital funding for the improvement of the portion of community land shown at Appendix E to come from reallocated funds identified in Project 3125 ‐ Rebuild West Beach Rockwall Northern Section up to a maximum of $15,000. That the impact of this change is to be adjusted in the Financial Statements at the next quarterly review.
Council will undertake improvements to this area of Mirani Court Reserve which will include:
- Bike racks
- Public seating
Works are expected to be schedule in the 2021/22 Financial Year.
Thank you to everyone that contributed to our consultation. Staff are now reviewing all feedback provided and will present a report to the Asset Management Committee on Monday 19 April 2021 commencing 6:00pm.
The report for the consultation outcomes and recommendations will be available for viewing after 4:00pm on Thursday 15 April 2021.
Any persons wanting to make a deputation will be required to have submitted their deputation request to Council by 10:00am on Monday 19 April 2021.
An application to use a small portion of community land at Mirani Court Reserve for licenced outdoor dining was received by Council from an adjoining property owner who has recently completed construction on a multilevel mixed use restaurant/café and residential building. They wish to further activate the car park area of Mirani Court Reserve by offering licenced outdoor dining from the ground floor café area of their business.
The area requested for use is defined as community land in the Local Government Act and has historically formed a small naturally landscaped buffer area adjoining the carpark and is approximately 49m2. Please refer to the document library to view an aerial location map of the space proposed to for use
The current Community Land Management Plan does not support this request and as such must be amended before any approval for its use can be permitted by Council. A report was presented at the Asset Management Committee on Monday 15 March 2021 and endorsed by Council on Monday 22 February 2021 for consultation.
Council seeks to continue providing a vibrant seaside meeting place at Mirani Court Reserve, a place that offers local residents and visitors a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities. And while we believe the addition of licenced outdoor dining to the area will further enhance the community connectedness and vibrancy currently enjoyed we want to ensure the management plan reflects a shared vision and aspiration for the reserve.
Please leave your feedback to this proposal here or in writing to:
Senior Property Officer
PO Box 1
WOODVILLE SA 5011
Community feedback received will be used to undertake a final review of the management plan with a final draft management plan and the community feedback results being presented to Council for endorsement.
The consultation will commence on Thursday 4 March 2021 and conclude at 5pm on Thursday 25 March 2021.
Timeline item 1 - complete
Consultation Period - Thursday 4 March 2021 - Thursday 25 March 2021
Timeline item 2 - active
Feedback Under Review
Staff will review all feedback and prepare a report for the Asset Management Committee
Timeline item 3 - incomplete
Report to Asset Management Committee
Report for consultation outcomes presented Asset Management Committee on 19 April 2021.
Timeline item 4 - incomplete
Letter sent to residents for consultation outcomes and final Council decision.