What issues or concerns have already been raised?
Issues raised to date include:
· Concern about the number of trees Council removes each year
· Assessment and approval processes for tree removals, including staff delegations and the role of Council’s Asset Management Committee
· Clarifying the distinction between significant/regulated and non-regulated trees and approval processes for their removal.
· Review of Council’s Hazard and Risk Assessment tools.
· Community consultation.
· Deputations to Council and/or Development Assessment Panel.
· Poisoned Trees – investigation and deterrence of offending.
· Best Practice Tree Management.
· The value of trees – economic and environmental.
· Land divisions and significant tree removals.